If you are a zucchini lover, you should be very excited right now because I’m about to shower you with low carb zucchini recipes! Let’s start with this low carb pizza muffins recipe.
This low carb pizza muffins recipe with zucchini is so easy to make. They make perfectly portable zucchini pizza bites for healthy snacks, appetizers, even breakfast or lunch.
- 2 medium Zucchini (shredded)
- 1 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup Marinara sauce
- 2/3 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 oz Pepperoni mini slices (or regular sized pepperoni slices, cut into quarters)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C). Line 20 cups of a mini muffin pan with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the shredded zucchini, shredded mozzarella, coconut flour, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir in the eggs and melted butter.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture evenly into the lined muffin cups, packing down and making sure the top is flat.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the top is golden and firm. If the bites puffed up like muffins, let them cool for a few minutes to flatten out again.
- Spoon a teaspoon of marinara sauce onto each zucchini bite, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Add pepperoni slices.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden.